There are times when you might decide to have something you need every customer notice. You might be running a limited-time sale, or just want to announce a new product release.
For these types of circumstances, WooCommerce includes a setting to enable a site-wide notice on your shop.
What type of notices can be displayed?
Site-wide store messages can be:
- Informational – A note that notifies customers of shipping delays due to weather conditions or an away notice if you are on vacation.
- Promotional – A note that is advertising an event, a holiday special, a bundle, a sale on some items, or free shipping.
Display a store notice
Follow the steps below to show customers a site-wide store notice on your shop:
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to Appearance » Customize.
- Navigate to WooCommerce » Store Notice section.
- Locate the notice content text-area.
- Specify the content to be displayed as a site-wide message at the very bottom of the site.
- Toggle the checkbox to either enable or disable the site-wide message.
- Click the Publish button to save the changes and display the site-wide message on your site publicly.
Visitors can choose to dismiss the site-wide notice by clicking the
X icon after seeing it once.
Schedule a store notice
Using the Schedule option for Store Notice can be helpful when running a promotion for a limited time or ending a sale (discount) at midnight on a specific date.
In the following example, we want to discontinue the site-wide message when it expires end of day on August 28.
- Navigate to Appearance » Customize then WooCommerce » Store Notice section.
- Uncheck the checkbox to disable the site-wide message.
- Select the gear wheel to open the schedule window.
- Select Schedule radio-box on the right menu, then enter the date and time you wish the change to take effect.
- Click the Schedule button to make changes you entered on the future date and time indicated.
Last updated: 9 months ago