WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, installing WordPress is a straightforward process and takes less than five minutes to complete.
The following installation guide will help you to complete the famous 5 minutes installation on your site:
- Download and unzip the WordPress package if you haven’t already.
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL (or MariaDB) user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
- Upload the WordPress files to the desired location on your web server.
- Run the WordPress installation script by accessing the URL in a web browser; This should be the URL where you uploaded the WordPress files.
- Complete the installation and setup your new website!
In case you would like to integrate WordPress into the root of your domain (e.g.
https://example.com), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (excluding the WordPress directory itself) into the root directory of your web server.
If you installed WordPress in the root directory, you should visit:
https://example.com If you installed WordPress in a sub-directory called blog, for example, you should visit:
Need more detailed instructions? Check out the official WordPress article.
Last updated: 2 years ago