Jetpack’s widget visibility module allows you to configure widgets to appear or be hidden on certain pages by using the Visibility panel.
The Widget Visibility feature should be enabled by default. In case you are unable to locate the functionality described below, please visit Jetpack’s control modules page to learn how to activate this feature on your site.
What are widgets?
Widgets are drag and drop components that can be added to sidebar and footer sections of your CONJ powered website. Widgets were initially intended to provide an uncomplicated and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the theme to the end-user, which is now widely available on “widgetized” themes such as CONJ.
Widgets require no code experience or expertise and can be added, removed, and rearranged in both Customizer or Widgets page in the WordPress admin area.
What is widget visibility?
Widget visibility is one of the core modules of the Jetpack plugin, which helps to control the visibility of individual widgets on the front-end of your site. As an example, you can show a recent-posts widget only on blog archive pages and hide it on the sidebar of product archive pages.
Generally, any widget added to sidebar section will appear on all posts, archives, custom post types, pages, etc. and most third-party themes may offer workaround solutions such as “Ultimate sidebar areas” to toggle the visibility of the entire sidebar area on the front-end of your site from the view which in most cases isn’t what exactly you have intended to do. However, there is an easy way to control the widget visibility using the Jetpack plugin.
Visibility is controlled by the following aspects:
How to add visibility rules?
As an example, if you wanted the Product Categories widget to only appear on shop archives and a custom page, choose Show from the first drop-down and then add the following rules: Page is Products and Page is Product (single view).
You can also hide widgets based on the current page. For example, if you don’t want the Product Categories widget to appear on shop archives, choose Hide and Page is Products.
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to Appearance » Widgets.
- Choose a Widget by either dragging it to the sidebar area where you wish it to appear or click the widget, (select a destination sidebar) and then, click the Add Widget button.
- At this point the recently added widget should be visible on your site.
- Click on the Visibility button to see additional options.
- Basically, you will see a few drop-down fields to control the visibility of the selected widget based on different conditions.
- Configure widget to appear only on specific pages (or be hidden on certain pages) by modifying the settings.
- Click the Save button.
Each visibility rule is handled separately, so you can add a combination if required.
Last updated: 7 months ago