In case you wish to comply with the European Union’s ePrivacy Directive (often referred to as the cookie law) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations this feature enables you to add a cookie-related disclosure to help you comply with EU privacy laws.
You may follow the steps below to enable the cookie banner (bubble) on your site:
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to CONJ PowerPack.
- From the sidebar on the left, select the Cookie Bubble tab.
- Check, the Enable Cookie Bubble checkbox to activate this feature on your site.
- Start filling in the content area by entering a notification message, which can be customized to your needs or liking.
- Optionally, customize the color scheme of the cookie banner if you wish to alter its appearance further.
- Click Save Changes.
Whenever a visitor clicks on the cookie banner’s button, the banner will be dismissed from the view. Once the banner accepted/hidden, a technical cookie named will be set, which prevents it from being displayed until the acceptance/consent expires.
Important legal notice
Please note that it is entirely your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the relevant applicable laws in your jurisdiction. Cookie bubble feature is designed to help you take steps towards this but is not offered as a guaranteed or complete solution for compliance with the GDPR or other laws applicable to your site or store.
Last updated: 1 year ago