reCAPTCHA protects you against spam and other types of automated abuse and will enable you to block abusive form submissions by spam-bots.
What’s a CAPTCHA?
CAPTCHAs are used by many websites to prevent abuse from bots or automated programs usually written to generate spam. Any submittable form provided by CONJ such as product enquiry is already integrated with one-click reCAPTCHA (V2) to protect you from receiving countless spams.
CAPTCHA is an acronym for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
How does a CAPTCHA work?
The I’m not a robot checkbox requires the user to click a checkbox indicating the user is not a robot. This will either pass the user immediately (with No CAPTCHA) or challenge them to validate whether or not they are human.
Receiving public and private keys
Follow the steps below to obtain Google reCAPTCHA public and private keys:
- First, You’ll need to sign in with a Google account if you’re not already logged in.
- Navigate to Google reCAPTCHA website to get started.
- Click on the Admin Console button located at the top right corner of the screen.
- To get new site key and secret key, click on
+blue button top right side.
- Register a new site page where you need to provide some basic information to register your site.
- Label — Type a suitable label which co-related your site name and for later remembrance.
- reCAPTCHA Type — Select reCAPTCHA v2 and then choose I’m not a robot checkbox.
- Domain — The website URL, where you will use these keys like
- Owners — You don’t need to change this, it’s set by default accordingly to logged in account. If you want the report on more email addresses then you can add here multiple email accounts.
- Alerts — You can enable it to get email alert to owners, if there is any problem on your website like reCAPTCHA misconfiguration or increase suspicious traffic.
- Once the form is complete, click on the Submit button.
- A success message, along with the site and secret keys will be displayed once the form submitted successfully.
- Copy the keys shown in the screen/fields to enter it in your WordPress admin panel so your site can access the Google reCAPTCHA APIs.
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to CONJ PowerPack.
- From the sidebar on the left, select the Third-Party API tab.
- Locate the reCAPTCHA Public Key and reCAPTCHA Private Key text-fields and paste your newly generated keys key in.
- Click Save Changes.
Last updated: 11 months ago