Deep integration between CONJ and Google Analytics enables you to get detailed insights into your shop’s traffic and eCommerce events so that you can improve your sales funnel and drive more revenue.
Google Analytics is a free website tracking service offered by Google Inc. that reports website traffic, conversions, user behavior, and more. In addition to that this service can show you how much traffic your website receives, where that traffic is coming from, and how visitors interact with your site once they arrive.
Google Analytics includes advanced features to complement your shop stats. Funnel reports help you track the path visitors take through your site, and goal conversion lets you measure how visitors complete specific tasks (such as reaching a product page or contact form). In case you are already using Google Analytics with other projects, you’ll be able to see all your stats in one place.
Receiving a tracking ID
Follow the steps below to obtain a Google Analytics tracking ID:
- First, You’ll need to sign in with a Google account if you’re not already logged in.
- Navigate to Google Analytics site to get started.
- Click the Sign up button so you can start creating your account.
- Fill in the Account Name, Website Name, and Website URL fields.
- The Website URL field is where you’ll enter your site’s address.
- Scroll to the bottom and select your Data Sharing Settings.
- By default, all of the Data Sharing settings are selected. You can read the description for each parameter to decide if you would like to opt-out.
- When you’re ready, click the Get Tracking ID button.
- You’ll need to agree to the Google Analytics Terms of Service to continue.
- On the next page, you’ll need to look for the Tracking ID.
- It will look something like
- It will look something like
- Copy the entire value (ID) shown in the screen/field.
- Leave the verification page open and go to your site dashboard (in a new tab/window).
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to CONJ PowerPack.
- From the sidebar on the left, select the Google Analytics tab.
- Locate the Tracking ID text-field and paste your tracking ID in.
- Click Save Changes.
- At this point, your site should be connected to Google Analytics and start sending data to your Google dashboard.
While using the WooCommerce plugin on your site and needing some in-depth Google Analytics reports rest assured that having access to enhanced eCommerce tracking features gives you more profound insights into product page activity, shopping cart additions, and removals, and purchase data.
The following options are available under the Google Analytics settings:
- IP anonymization
- Anonymize the IP address of the hit sent to the Analytics.
- Purchase transactions
- Collect the eCommerce data and send it back to the Analytics.
- Add to cart events
- Track when a potential customer is adding an item to the shopping cart.
- Enable enhanced tracking
- Enables the measurement of user interactions with products on the site across the user’s shopping experience.
- Remove from cart events
- Track when a customer is removing an item from the shopping cart.
- Product impressions from listing pages
- Represents information about a product that has been viewed.
- Product clicks from listing pages
- Collects data whenever a user expresses interest in a particular product by clicking on the product listing to view more details.
- Product detail views
- Gathers data once a user views the product details page right after clicking on the product listing.
- Checkout process initiated
- Starts collecting information as soon as a user is ready to begin the checkout process.
Get support for using Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a top-rated website analytics service, and you can find plenty of information about it in books, workshops, blog posts, online forums, and more. We suggest you start with Google’s help center for Analytics, and specifically the getting started guide. You can also check out the Analytics support forum, where you can interact with other Analytics users.
Last updated: 2 years ago