Yandex is a popular search engine, with over 65% of the market share in Russia. Though the global search engine market share of Yandex is ignorable in comparison to Google or Bing, it is still worth submitting your WordPress site to Yandex.
Yandex offers a variety of tools like a generalized search engine, image search, email, videos, maps, and many more. It also provides you with a webmaster dashboard to help you rank your site, monitor traffic stats, search queries, keywords, and more.
How to verify your site?
For most sites, to verify your site for webmaster tools, you usually need to upload an HTML document to your webserver or alter a DNS entry on your domain registrar website. Since this isn’t always the easiest thing to do and in case you’re not technical, CONJ PowerPack’s site verification module is here to help.
Follow the steps below to verify your WordPress site with Yandex webmaster:
- First, You’ll need to sign in with a Yandex account if you’re not already logged in.
- Navigate to Yandex Webmaster Tools to get started.
- Click Add site button below the webmaster headline.
- Scroll down and enter your Website address (URL) if you haven’t already.
- Click the Add button.
- Confirm you own the domain rights.
- Select the tab labelled meta tag.
- You’ll see a line of HTML code like the following:
<meta name="yandex-verification" content="5a9564ca560a6c97" />
- Copy the entire meta tag shown in the screen/field.
- Leave the verification page open and go to your site dashboard (in a new tab/window).
- Log into your WordPress website and navigate to CONJ PowerPack.
- From the sidebar on the left, select the Site Verification tab.
- Locate the Yandex Site Verification text-field and paste your meta-tag in.
- Click Save Changes.
- Go back to Yandex’s webmaster dashboard and click the Check button
- At this point, your site should be connected to Yandex webmaster service and start sending data to your webmaster dashboard.
Last updated: 2 years ago